Thursday, April 19, 2007

Shop till You Drop (Or Pass Out)

OK - Today I started my quest for something to wear for Oliver's big day. I had the pleasure of shopping with my cousin Lori at Banana Republic, where I spotted a cute white blouse (for work) and a little top to wear to Oliver' s party, which is casual. Then I tried on some cute stuff at AT Loft. I was undecided, so I left without a purchase. I stopped in at Cristel's, a nice Omaha boutique, but I didn't find anything there either. Bummer.

Off I went to the Garment District, another fabulous Omaha boutique, and found a ton of stuff (non appropriate for the bar mitzvah). Garment District is owned by a girl I knew in high school, who lived and worked in New York's fashion district before moving back to Omaha and opening her store. She carries some really cute, unique items. I like shopping there, because I know that I wont see anyone else wearing my outfit. I got a cute little jacket and a trapeze top and t-shirt for work. Oh well, I guess I have a few weeks to find something.

Benjamin was a real trooper and shopped with me all morning. He was really good, and played in his stroller. He even treated me to lunch at Camille's, where the fancy lights were a big hit! Thank you, Benjamin, for being such a good boy and letting mommy shop all morning!!!! He finally passed out in his stroller, and I got the mommy guilties so we picked up Abby at school and came home for a much needed nap.

No comments: