Monday, April 23, 2007

Cute Tops and Candy

I stumbled onto this Web site couturecandy.com in my quest for something cute to wear to Oliver's bar mitzvah. This site showcases lots of up-and-coming and edgy designers. This is definitely a site to check out for cute t-shirts, jeans, casual dresses and just about everything else a girl could want!

On another note, I got my t-shirts today from Jennifer Dowd of Mac n Cheese. Her t's are so cute! I ordered one for each of my kids with their initials and then a long sleeve and short sleeve one for me. For those of you who aren't familiar with these t-shirts, Jennifer and her partner have very cute fabric swatches and trims which they use to make designs on shirts. For example, Benjamin's t-shirt has a "b" on it made from a cute fabric with guitars. One of my t-shirts is black and has a very amusing skull-and-bones fabric star on it. I can't wait to wear my shirts!

And finally, we're mourning the death of David Halberstam at our house. Mr. Halberstam died in a traffic accident in California today. He was an award-winning journalist who covered the Vietnam War for the New York Times, and authored several best-selling books, many which my husband and I have both read and enjoyed.

No comments: