Sunday, April 22, 2007

Go Big Red?


I just spotted something on the sale page on neimanmarcus.com that half made me chuckle and half annoyed me. This is a t-shirt by chip & pepper. I tend to doubt that the C&P designers are huge husker fans. Furthermore, I doubt that most people who shop at Neimans even know where Nebraska is, or know anything about the Husker Dynasty. So, I thought it was kind of funny. When we lived in Boston, there were lots of people who would ask where Omaha was, if I had grown up on a farm, etc. On the other hand, I was kind of annoyed that now a bunch of posers are going to be wearing our colors!!! It's not even a cute t-shirt. They could have done much better.

1 comment:

stacey said...

This is funny on two levels....ONE...Chip and Pepper is Steven's cousin!!! SECOND...I have a C&P Dartmouth t-shirt. Now, before you poke fun, I will say this....it is a super comfy shirt. They do tons of college "vintage" t-shirts. They do a lot of big schools (including Kansas, Michigan, Harvard, Yale, etc). I guess we could look at it as flattering that they chose the Huskers. I do agree though, they could have done a better job at the creative.
Did you ever check out the websites I gave you?