Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscar Night

My favorite television night of the year is Oscar night. Before I had kids, I LOVED to watch the pre-show shows and gaggle at the clothes. I could watch about eight hours of pre-show fluff and then the real extravaganza would begin. When I lived on my own I ordered in a special dinner and took my phone off the hook. When I lived with roommates we had a no talking during speeches rule and would rate the clothes.

I didn't think the actual Oscar show was that great (blame the writer's strike) but the red carpet did no disappoint. Renee Zellweger looked beautiful in Carolina Herrerra and Cameron Diaz wore a stunning Dior. Heidi Klum wore a very chic Galliano. One of my favorites was Jennifer Garner in Oscar de la Renta. There were a few red carpet "misses" as well. I didn't think Nicole Kidman looked all that, and her necklace was ridiculous. Tilda Swinton - oy vey what was she thinking?!

You can catch all of the red carpet happenings at www.usmagazine.com!

No comments: