Wednesday, March 26, 2008

There Must be a Silver Lining....


There must be a silver lining to this cloud in which I currently reside! Since I returned from my trip to Chicago both of my children and myself have been sick. After several days of on and off fever and a terrible cough, the doctor finally put Abby on an antibiotic this morning. Hopefully, she is on the mend! I don't know how much more I can take of being forced to stay home. The good news is that I think I am on the "backside" of my cold and hopefully it will be gone by the end of the week.

On to more exciting things....I don't typically shop at Ann Taylor Loft, but I like to look every so often to see what they're showing. I find that Ann Taylor and Loft tend to be a bit more conservative than I usually dress. Ann Taylor is great for suits and work wear, and when I worked in Boston and had to be dressed up every day I shopped there a ton. A disclaimer is that I also worked at Ann Taylor on Newbury Street in Boston, and I loved it. In my new job, we are very casual and I can wear jeans to work so I try to pair them with a funky top. I don't wear many suits or dresses. However, I saw this dress at Loft, and it's so cute and chic! I love the lantern sleeve, and I think this can be worn many ways. In spring/summer with flats or flip flops for casual day or with a funky heel and a big necklace for evening. For fall/winter with tights and boots or even a turtleneck underneath. I can see this dress getting a ton of wear, and the people in my office wondering why I am wearing a dress!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute dress!

Anonymous said...

Dana, I was going to e-mail you but I am not finding an e-mail address. I just wanted to say hello. I am a fellow Omaha blogger and just stumbled upon your blog accidentally. I love reading your take on Omaha fashion as I recently moved here from Chicago and am still figuring out where all the good stores are. Anyway, feel free to visit my blogs if you get a moment!
http://lookaway.typepad.com
http://paigebphotography.squarespace.com